Join » Right For You?
Is River City Right For You?
All middle grades (6-9) teachers are invited to participate in the River City Project. Although we traditionally work with science teachers, we have worked with social studies, math, language arts and even phys. ed. teachers with much success. As long as schools and teachers are interested in participating in the project and can meet the six recommendations listed below, we think you will have great success.
- Although River City can even be used individually teachers will best implement River City with at least 4 students.
- From start to finish, the project requires approximately 14 to 20 hours (2-4 weeks) to complete.
- Every student will need a computer (a PC, currently Mac is not supported) to work in the River City simulation.
- We recommend you work on the River City Project with students continuously from start to finish, or at least 4-5 class periods each week, avoiding long vacation breaks (e.g., winter break; spring break).
- The River City software must work on all the PCs teachers and students will use. There are specific technology requirements for running the River City simulation. Teachers and their technology coordinators must review the documents below and compare them with the resources in their classroom/school.
- All teachers should read the online River City training guides before they begin using the River City curriculum.
Harvard University | Arizona State University | 1878 Archives | Active Worlds
Site content copyright © 2004-2012 Harvard University. Questions concerning this site? Contact the webmaster.